The Poor Man strop kit contains a 2" x 26" leather strop and a balsa strop to which abrasives have been added. It also includes a hook for wall mounting, and a small packet of Neatsfoot oil for treating the leather strop. The leather strop can also be looped around a towel rod as shown in the pictures.
The balsa wood has been treated on one side with 0.3 micron chromium oxide (green) and with 0.1 micron iron oxide (red) on the other side. Additional supply of these abrasives are included.
- Shipping is included within the US.
- Add $3 if shipped to Canada
- Add $7 for all other international locations
Spare Leather Strop Option
The Poor Man strop kit costs $25, and includes a balsa strop and the leather strop. Since you will eventually, inevitably slice and dice and ruin your first strop while learning, add $13 for a second strop. Backup! (Add additional $2 if shipped to Canada or $3 for all other other international locations.)
- $3 - 0.1 micron iron oxide, powder, tablespoonful (add $1 if shipping outside the US)
- $3 - 0.3 micron chromium oxide, powder, tablespoonful (add $1 if shipping outside the US)
- $3 - 30ml Neatsfoot oil ($1 with other items) (add $1 if shipping outside the US)
Special $10 Leather Strops
Not all leather is created equal. And, some strops have spots and streaks and various anomalies and inconsistencies. These strops are perfectly fine for straight razor stropping. However, I cannot sell them for full price. These are great strops despite their cosmetic flaws.
Add $2 if shipping to Canada or $3 for all other international locations.
***Strop Returns-Strops are consummable goods. They can only be returned for a refund if they have never been used. Please do not fold or crease, as this makes them unusable also.